Monday, March 04, 2019

Nervous Breakdown Mailart Monday

Hello crafty friends!

It's Monday!
And, do you know what that means?
 Mail art of course! One of my favorite days of the week!!

Today I want to share an extra special piece with you is so fitting with how my last week has gone! I hope you all get a kick out of this and we'll up and matching card.



Stamps Used:

Other products:
A2 card and envelope
Distress ink- candied apple, wild honey
Archival ink- jet black
Zig clean color markers 
Distress stain- black soot

I started by stamping my angry man on both the card base and the envelope base. As well, as on a separate piece of paper to create a mask.


I used post-it notes to create my address box, which also double as a mask for this area.



Next, I partially stamped the warn clock face on the top left corner of my envelope to give some depth. Or extra added depth I then used the dictionary page for more partial stamping all over.



With all my base stamping completed, I started to lay down my ink background. I used Wild Honey distress ink to cover the entire background layer.



With my inking done I felt they needed a little bit more texture and detail oh, so I used the tiny chevrons to add extra depth in the top left since eventually there will be a postage stamp on the top right.



After the background layer was where I wanted it, I used a Tim Holtz layering stencil to add candied apple distress ink for some texture. I also use the same color to Inca round the edges of the envelope.



I removed all of the masks, and decided to add my stitching to the sides of my address box. When I was satisfied with how everything looked I used my Zig clean color markers to color my main image.



I used the same colors to color the image on the card as well. To finish everything off I stamped my quote on my card oh, and added a few flicks of distress stain to my envelope.



To give extra flair, and top everything off...I added a basketball postage stamp. 
Which is perfectly fitting, since March is called "March Madness" for basketball season. 
This guy definitely looks like he has some Madness going on.

Thank you For joining me today!
Hope this inspires you!

2 comments:

Julie S said...

Ha ha! What a great combo, Tera. That's how I was feeling when Friday rolled around. :D

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you :)