Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Beehive Storage

I can't believe I only have one more month as a VLVStamp Design Team member. This experience has been Bee-yond fabulous. The gals, especially the head honcho DeeDee, are all so talented and I have learned so much from them. I wanted to make something that I could keep in my craft studio - the Beehive - that would always remind me of VLVS.

As the EllenBee I have a growing collection of bumble bee ephemera. I had been storing it in a box but waned to display some it and thought that an altered clipboard would be the perfect item to alter.

I started the project by rusting the metal clip with an inexpensive rust kit I found at Michael's. After adding a small bee charm I painted the front and back with yellow bumble bee paint. Next I distressed it with TH Vintage Photo distress ink. I then took out my Honeycomb Pattern Stamp and went to town on the front. To protect the board I added a layer of ModPodge. Last was the bee ribbon I received from a friend that I attached with Miracle Tape.

I added the Bumblebee stamp on kraft paper and a simple tag with one of my favorite quotes To Bee Or Not To Bee. VLVStamps has a ton more Bee stamps and I plan on adding more to my growing collection!

Full Frontal
Backside

From A - Z you'll find whatever stamp you need at Viva Las Vegastamps!

2 comments:

suebeebunny said...

I absolutely LOVE this!!! I collect bee items!!& my nickname is SueBee!!! Sooo anytime I see something related to bees I get very excited!!!!!! Thank you very much for sharing!!!

suebeebunny said...

I absolutely LOVE this!!! I collect bee items!!& my nickname is SueBee!!! Sooo anytime I see something related to bees I get very excited!!!!!! Thank you very much for sharing!!!