Monday, February 25, 2013

No Masking the Fact



Supplies:
VLVS! stamp Double Masks With Fan - Item 16258
2 sheets Kromecote A2 Cardstock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Miracle Tape 3/8 inch x 55 yds

Recently one of my friends moved to Hawai.  When I saw this series of Masquerade stamps I immediately knew they'd be perfect for a 'Missing You' card.

I wanted a chocolates in a porcelain dish ambience, so I went with glossy white Kromecote paper, with dark, chocolate-y brown, and cream-colored ribbon.

One sheet of Kromecote I folded into a card.  I cut two pieces from the other sheet--one just a little larger than the Maquerade stamp, another piece about 1/2 inch larger. 

After stamping the image on the smallest piece with Timber Brown StazOn, I taped it to the larger piece, and bordered it with the brown ribbon.  I stuck this whole assemblage onto the card with more Miracle tape.  

I finished off by trimming the card with the Woven Check Ribbon, sticking on the white flower and more of the brown ribbon.  The flower was a bit too white, so I brushed it lightly with the Timber Brown StazOn.

The inside of the card reads 'There is no masking the fact that we've missed you!'

VLVS! has a series of these stamps, so if you like this one, you might also like--


Check out the VLVS! Store for all your stamping needs and the  VLVS! Blog for new projects and news every day. Follow VLVS! as the VLVS! Forum - VLVS! FB - VLVS! Pinterest - VLVS! Twitter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the earth tones.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous girl! I love it!

Sandra Strait said...

Thank you both!