Sunday, February 24, 2013

Is it summer yet?

I know we are only in the middle of winter. But its too cold out! I did this little art journal page of wishing it was a bit warmer (and sunny) outside in Chicago.

The background is from a calender that I got in the $1 spot in Target. I cut it and glued it on the page with modge podge. After it dried I took some yellow paint that was inside the cap and with a somewhat dry baby wipe just rubbed the pain on the page in spots. The orange circles you see are a stack of mini cup cake liners. I just took the group of them and dabbed them in orange paint and stamped them on the page in spots.

The swirl you see is a chipboard piece that was just laying on my desk. I painted it the same yellow I used earlier  I stamped the Harlequin stamp in clear embossing ink pad, and sprinkled some heat and stick embossing powder that I had for YEARS that I got a a local rubber stamp store that is now closed. It is very similar to the Ranger stuff. After embossing, it was very tacky, I sprinkled some yellow glitter from the Art Institute Glitter. Glued it on the page with Aileen's tacky.

The bottom of the page I used this sand type stuff that is made by MuddPuddles(I got it in a RAK a while back and thought this was a great page to use it on to try it out). The color I used is called Lemonade, it also has a little bit of glitter in it.

I stamped  the Beach lady on Kromecote with black Memento ink pad. Frst I tried coloring her with my Neo color II's but wasn't liking it. Luckily it came off with no problem, with maybe a little tint of the peach. I went back to coloring her with the Artist's Loft water colors. I glossy accented the sunglasses on her and on the little birdie. Glued her on with glossy accents. Finally I used little sticker alpha letters by Kaiser Kraft (love these little letter stickers) and spelled out "is it summer yet?"

Stamp used
Beach Lady

items used
Kromecote
Straphmore Visual Journal 3 1/2 by 5
calender page
craft paints
cupcake liners
modge podge
water colors
PuddlePuddle
chipboard piece
heat and stick embossing powder
glitter
alphabet stickers
Aileen's tack glue
glossy accents

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great journal, that lady is so much fun

Unknown said...

LOL I love this, it's not only fun but cute too!