Sunday, October 23, 2011

Beware the Pumpkin Eater!



The Pumpkin Eater card by Joe Morgan



Halloween, my favorite holiday, is almost here! For this week's post, I made a cute card using three different pumpkin stamps. To start out, I stamped the three stamps on white cardstock, and colored them with Copic markers. I cut out all three of them. One of them includes a graveyard scene in the background, but I cut that off so that I would just have the pumpkin by itself.


For the sentiment, I wrote my own, and then printed it directly on a 6”x12” piece of the light brown cardstock. The font is called Centaur, and I thought it looked like a good storybook font. Be sure to click on the pictures to enlarge them for easier reading. For the tree, I cut some dark brown cardstock with a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. I cut out a silhouette of a man to use for Peter Peter the Pumpkin Eater.


When assembling, I glued down the moon and then the tree. I glued down one man silhouette and then placed black pop dots on top of him and then put an identical silhouette on top for a 3D effect. For the pumpkins, I glued down the center one, and then used pop dots for the two on the outside to add dimension.


Here are the three stamps I used for this project:
Pumpkin in Cemetery #6264
Jack O’Lantern #5896
Pumpkin Sneering #6490


For an added Halloween bonus, I am posting a second card that I made for Viva Las Vegastamps! ad in Rubber Stamp Madness magazine.



Frankenstein Collage Card by Joe Morgan


For this card, I used Frankenstein stamp #5842, some colored paper and acrylic paint dabbers from Ranger. To start out, I cut eight colored squares of paper about 2.5”x2.5” I adhered four of them to the front of a 5”x5” card.


I stamped on the four remaining squares using paint dabbers instead of ink on my stamp. I stamped blue paint on the greenish white square, black paint on the purple square, purple paint on the blue square and green paint on the yellow square. You can do it any way you like. I then cut out my monsters and adhered them to the squares on the card in the order I liked best. You’ll want to wash your stamps ASAP when using paint. I doesn’t hurt them, but the longer it sets, the harder it is to clean.


Be sure to visit the Viva Las Vegastamps! blog to see what the rest of the design team have created for Halloween! There are lots of great ideas this month!




I hope you have enjoyed my cards as much as I enjoyed making them! Feel free to check out my blog at Create & Craft for more fun ideas! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Love these cards, Joe! Your original sentiment for "The Pumpkin Eater card" was way funny! :0) Very creative and humorous. Either one of these would be a joy for anyone to received for Halloween!

David H. said...

Awesome Halloween cards! Your humor and creativity are beyond words! :)

Stampo said...

Two great Halloween cards... FUN!

Raquel Leal said...

Ficou muito legal! Gostei. Beijocas.

MaRyKaY said...

awesome cards. frankenstein stamp is great. a must have. thanks for sharing