Thursday, October 06, 2011

Witchy Kitty Giftie

It's exciting to be a part of the VLVS DT!  With Halloween in just a couple of weeks, I thought why not use my Pound O' Rubber for a giftie project.  VLVS has such a HUGE variety of stamp images, and chose to create a useful, fun, Trick or Treat container. What is funny is that I chose the kitty design first, made the project in the french fry box, then found the fry saying!  I love being a little strange at times, and this saying worked perfectly!!!

VLVS Stamps & Products: 
Halloween Kitty:  2035
Fries Quote:  332
Miracle Tape






Other materials: 
Orange, purple, green, light gray, and light green cardstock
Black  & Purple Permanent Ink
Decorative and regular scissors
Hand or Electric (Software) Cutting Machine
Green Glitter
Bone Folder or Straight Edge for Scoring
Gelly Roll Pens

Note:  A fast food french fry container can be used as a template and traced if you do not use any cutting machines.


Pound O' Rubber

Trace or die cut french fry container shape.  Using an electric die cutter and software, you can create any size container you want.  Use the bone folder to score in the appropriate areas to create the creases to fold the container.  Use Miracle Tape on two flaps and adhere box together (see image below) .


Miracle Tape is Fabulous!!!!  Had to mention this because I've been frustrated with other liner tapes in the past.  Look at the blue handle for ease of application and cutting.  You pull back, and viola', the tape is cut.  The best part is the hold and flexibility.  I can remove the liner with the flick of my nail and it comes off easily and the tape is stuck to my project!  I can line up my sides without the tape accidently sticking before I want it to, there's give so there's no hassle.


Once the fry container is finished, stamp the kitty stamp on light gray cardstock.  Color with Gelly Roll pens and cut out.  Color the background so when you cut, you have a bright background for contrast.  Stamp the fry words on the green cardstock and cut with decorative scissors.  For the scallop, you may have some in your stash of collage/scrapping materials or you can use your cutting machine to make one.  Use the Miracle Tape to assemble the elements as seen in the photo above.

The last step was to add a little glitz, and Halloween sparkle to the project.  Miracle Tape comes in several widths - run a line of tape on each side of the container (choose how wide or thin you want the line) and add glitter.


If you are looking for great decorative paper, one of VLVS's sponsors is The Robin's Nest.  Here is a fry container I made using their Halloween Stripe paper.  Heavy weight cardstock with glitter and patterns to delight all.  Stop by their blog and take a look.



Ok, candy isn't for me on Halloween, I could lose some weight, ha ha ha.  So I'd rather rack up the pounds in rubber - this is the giftie I want!


I look forward to sharing more ideas and projects with you, hope you have enjoyed this one.  Be sure to check my blog, and always see what goodies VLVS has on its website.




9 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I just got that little cat in my free grab bag and have it earmarked for a Hallowe'en project. You've done a great job with him - must be a tom cat because he looks so full of mischief :-)

Joe Rotella said...

This is SO cute!! I know I'll use this idea going forward...a french fry container...LOVE IT!

Stampo said...

Love it and now I have a reason to eat more french fries! Very creative, Lea.

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Adorable project and pretty simple to create for a party. The paper is perfect for this fry box and so are the treats!! I'll take a pound of rubber dressed for Trick-or-Treating any day. Thanks for sharing : )

Anonymous said...

Just love it Lea. And yea, I'll take a pound of rubber too. How do go about it besides buying. Hint hint hint.

Norma D

Rachel OCrowley said...

What a cute gift idea!! I was thinking you could use it with anything, candy. But the vlvs are awesome!!! Love the rn paper also!

cathy said...

Cute as can be. Love the saying you used.

Jamie said...

The cat witch stamp is so cute... poor kitty looks as if he/she does NOT want to be in that witch hat! Great idea of the "fry box".

Joe M said...

Love the fry box idea! You could use that for lots of things besides candy! Love the stamp too!