Hi my dear Viva Las Vegastamps! Friends!
It's Susanne here and I have a tutorial for this Artist Trading Block (ATB) for you. I cut the base of the ATB with the Silhouette Cameo. Of course you don't need an e-cutter. You'll find free templates for a cube online or you can use a cutting die.
Here are my instructions:
1. Step: Stamp the Dictionary Page background randomly onto the cube blank.
2. Step: Add a thin layer of gesso on top.
3. Step: Use the Gelato (Cotton Candy) to add some color. Instead of the Gelatos you can also use other watercolor crayons. A plus of the Gelatos is, that you can blend them easily with your fingers.
4. Step: Add a second layer of texture with the Worn Clockface stamp.
5: Step: Take the white Gelato in this step to give the background some more contrast.
6. Step: Now it's time for some structure. I used modeling paste together with a crackle stencil.
7. Step: When the texture paste is dry you can build up the ATB base.
8. Step: Stamp the The Fish in Mini Skirt and the Fat Fish in Heels and cut them out. Add some Twinklings H2O for a shimmery effect (alternatively you can use other shimmery colors). Adhere a wooden spear to the fishes with hot glue. I colored the spears with Viva Decor Inka Gold. Before you add the fishes to the block, cover the whole top with Gel Medium and glitter.
9. Step: Add glitter to the edges as well. I used chipboard die cutted numbers and letters for the embellishing. The chipboard is painted with different colors of Viva Decor Inka Gold and stamped with the Be adorable stamp to add some texture. Some more embellishments are the Pylon and the One Way Small . Use some silver tinsel to finish it up.
See you soon and happy crafting, Susanne.
Stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps!:
Gelatos: Cotton Candy, Coconut
Viva Decor Inka Gold: Orange, Violett, Silver, Pink, Blue
StazOn Jet Black
Prima Marketing Crackle Stencil
Memento Luxe: Sweet Plum, Love Letter
Twinklings H2Os: Summer Breze