Sunday, October 13, 2024

Balancing Bones.... by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello Everyone!! Happy Fall!

I made a card for my project today~Enjoy!

For the background I used Three mica stain sprays. I started with the yellow, Then covered it while I sprayed the Orange one  And then sprayed the iron one. I used a paint brush to move them around the card to get the coverage I wanted.

I dried it with the heat tool and then I sprayed some water drops all around the card. to get the mottled look.
While I waited for that to do its thing, I fussy cut all the skulls and bones. Good thing I have many years of practice with that because that little skeleton was a challenge.
I used three colors of distress spray stain as watercolor paints for all of the bones.
The bottom skull is taped flat, then all others have foam tape with the skeleton have two layers. I wish the dimension showed better in photos.
I debated having a spider hanging from his hand, would be cute yet I like the simplicity of it as is.
I hope you enjoyed!

Stamps used:
Skull   2403
Realistic skull    19724
Creepy skeleton specimen     20684
Humerus bone   19728

Other supplies:
Distress mica stain: Harvest moon, iron gate, burning ember
Distress spray stains: Scorched timber, vintage photo, antique linen







No comments: