Thursday, November 25, 2021

Snarky ATCs - Princesses

Hi everyone,

Here are two snarky and colorful artist trading cards that I want to share with you.

My background is quite flat but although has a lot of layers. I started with collaging a few book page snippets on watercolor paper that was a little smaller than a regular ATC. I added a little white gesso on top and then did some reverse stenciling with blue acrylic ink. Reverse stenciling means using a stencil as a stamp which works perfect with different fluid mediums.
Next, I added some yellow acrylic ink and stenciled on top with another circle stencil and white gesso. I outlined these circles with a blue posca pen.
I also stamped some marks to the background.

Then I stamped my snarky focal image, colored the cross eyed fairy with ZIG markers and cut her out. After inking the cutting edges, I glued her to the page.
I adhered the cards to ATC sized bases that I cut from black cardstock.

All thats left to do was adding a quote. I stamped it twice, cut both to pieces and adhered them to some black cardstock so that it stands out a little more from my busy cards.



Stamps used:
Cross Eyed Fairy (9334)
We Can't All Be Princesses (19848)
Brush Hatches (20573)


Other material:

- Canson watercolor paper
- black cardstock
- acrylic ink (sapphire blue, indian yellow)
- stencils (Altenew: feeling dotty; bubble wrap)
- Versafine Claire Ink (nocturne)
- collage paper
- Posca pen
 

 See you soon!

 

No comments: