Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Art journal page - Perspective

Hello everyone,

In this little tutorial I'm going to show you how I created this art journal page which is all about perspective. And I think this business man is one of the best stamps for this topic, don't you agree?

I started with layering some chalk paint to the background. Therefore I used both a babywipe and a brayer. Also, I added a stencilled layer to have some visual texture. At this stage the background was very light, but I was happy with it and moved on to my focal points.


I stamped the business man onto some cardstock, cut him out and inked the esged with a black marker. Doesn't the stamped image look dynamic with the imperfections on the left side of the man? It was a happy little accident. Then I stamped the window on some tissue so it blends easily to the background. I just didn't want to risk messing up the stamping because I'm working in a book with some textured pages behind. With a wet brush I "cut" the image on the napkin.

Next, I glued the napkin to the page. The background looked a little to light for me now and I wanted to add a little more depth. So I darkened up the edges with a brayer and some black chalk paint. I also added a few splatters, not only in black but also in the blue and rose tone I had already used in the background before.

Then I glued down the man except from his upper body which is a little raised from the page and enhances the play with perspective. I also found the word "perspective" in my stamp collection and thought it would make a perfect caption. I heatembossed it on black cardstock, tore the edges and glued it to the page backed with a little thread behind it.

 


Stamps used:
Triple Window (20563)
Banksy Businessman Falling (20398)
Perspective by Cat Kerr (20136)


Other material:
- Dylusions art journal
- black and white cardstock
- chalk paint (Chalky Finish: blue grey, rose, white, ebony)
- Versafine Claire Ink (nocturne)
- stencil (Finnabair - victorian tiles)
- tissue
- thread


See you soon!


No comments: