Thursday, July 08, 2021

Interactive index card - Zodiac wheel

Hi everyone,

who doen't love interactive elements on cards! So here's one for the ICAD challenge. This weeks theme I'm working on is about diagrams, maps and blueprints and the stamps I used here came into my mind immediately.


This is how my interactive "dial" looks like. In this blog post, I'm going to show you how I did it.


 

I started with a simple two steps background: a layer of acrylic paint with a light paper towel pattern and a layer of heat embossing. For this second layer I used the eclipse chart stamp. The embossing powder I used is a chunky one so the details of the stamped image don't show too much, but that didn't bother me.

For the interactive element I stamped the zodiac wheel two times on watercolor paper. I cut them out, one as a whole and from the second one just the center moon face. I inked the edges with a black marker.


I had a picture in my head where the center part with the face was fixed while the rest of the diagram can be moved around it. Therefore I adhered a paper fastener to the smaller element I cut out using masking tape. I wanted to make sure that it sticks well and also added a little bit of glue. In the picture you can see how it looks like right before I cut the overhanging masking tape.

Next, I pricked a hole into the center of the large zodiac wheel as well as on the index card itself. I assembled the three layers as shown in the picture, bended the two pins of the fastener and secured them on the back of the index card with another piece of masking tape.

All I had to do now was adding a little quote. I found a matching one in my box of book text fragments.

Stamps used:
Eclipse Chart 1715 (20614)
Zodiac Wheel (20619)

Other material:
- index card 3 x 5 inch
- Canson watercolor paper
- acrylic paint (payne's grey)
- Versafine Claire ink (nocturne)
- Versamark ink
- Lindy's embossing powder (tin roof rusted)
- paper fastener
- masking tape


I hope you got inspired to make your own interactive "dial" element.

See you soon!


 

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Briliant!