Wednesday, August 26, 2020

We are the weirdos

Hello everyone,

I don't know about you but this strange world we live in at the moment made me want to do a different, for me, weird project, so I have made a postcard with a Halloween theme.. :o)


Here's how I made it:


I heat embossed a text stamped and the spiderweb on a piece of Mixed Media card stock, using white for the text and silver for the web. 


Next I dunked the card into these colours Distress Oxide inks, drying in between. 


Here is a detail of how it looks. 


Next I added a little black stamping and inked the edges of the card with a blending tool and the brown Distress Oxide. I then stamped the raven and the sentiment on a piece of paper. I coloured the white bits of the bird with pencils. 


And here it is all put together. I matted the sentiment onto black card stock before adhering it and also added some doodle lines along some of the edges. 



I have used the following stamps:


Other materials:
MM card stock 
scrap of black card stock
WOW embossing powder in white and silver
Distress Oxide inks in Ground Espresso, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmelade
Versafine Clair Ink - Nocturne
Prisma colour pencils

Thank you for stopping by today ! 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

This postcard is awesome! So pretty! And I love the step by step instructions!

Patiolinda said...

Great card/tag...anything Halloween is okay with me..but this inspires me to create! Thanks...

beachcomber said...

This is a gorgeous card! I'm a noob with the Distress Oxides; can you easily explain "dunk"?