Monday, August 17, 2020

Create your own card backgrounds with Josefine

Is it just me or do people send more cards nowadays? Especially during the last months. It probably helps with feeling closer. So, why not show some ideas on how to make a few quick cards, maybe even with a little humor?

I used the Grunge numbers to create two simple backgrounds that are full of texture.


For the first background, I used my stamp platform to stamp all the numbers at the same time. So, I mounted my paper into the platform, arranged the stamps randomly, and stamped using Distress Oxide. I had to rearrange the numbers and stamp again since they didn't quite fill the entire card base. 


Then I used Distress Ink in a slightly lighter color and blended it all over the background. I made sure to leave it splotchy and uneven. I didn't want to go for a perfect and even look.


Next up, I used the Mesh Texture, Bubble Wrap Texture, and actual bubble wrap to add more interest to the background. I used both ink colors to stamp those. I also splattered some water and Distress Oxide ink on top.


To finish it up, I added a frame around the border.


For the second background, I skipped the stamp platform. I wanted the numbers to be closer together, so it was easier to that by hand. Here, I used Distress Oxide again.


Now I blended two Distress Ink colors on top, used the same stamps and bubble wrap to add some texture, and finished it up with a few splatters of water and other inks.


Here are the two backgrounds next to each other.


Now I simply added a few sentiment stickers, paper dolls, and wings to the card and mounted it onto a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base.





I hope you enjoyed my two cards and that you feel inspired to create some of your own :)

Stamps used:



No comments: