Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Hello Sweet Evil | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I am sharing a mixed media scrapbook layout I created with some of the creepy stamps from the most recent release and a photo of my sister and I dressed up for a "bad taste" theme night. 


I began my layout with a sheet of white heavyweight cardstock, and created a watercolour style background using Distress Oxides. I did this by swiping the ink pads on my craft mat then spritzing with water, before laying the cardstock over the top to absorb the ink. I did this first with 'Iced Spruce' then dried it off and repeated the process with 'Carved Pumpkin'.


Once I had my background colour in place, it was time to add some stamping! I started with the Palmistry Palm, which I stamped over the top of the Distress Oxides.


I then stamped the Pirassoipi Bicorn and the Poison Caution stamps onto my background as well, using black StazOn ink again.


Once I had the stamping done, it was time to add my focal image, which was the photo of my sister and I that I had cut out. I mounted the image onto some scrap cardboard to help pop it up from the page.

To embellish my page, I stamped out the Cross Statue stamp three times onto some black cardstock using embossing ink, then heat embossed the images using gold embossing powder.


I then fussy cut around the crosses and added them to my page around the base of my photo.


Next, it was time for my title. I love a mixed font title, so I used a Kinder Kreations chipboard word hello, which I also embossed with gold embossing powder; then the wood veneer word sweet from Corbett Creations; and then some Cocoa Vanilla Studio alpha stickers.


To add a little extra detail to finish off my page, I used the Sky of Stars Background stamp to add a few little stamped stars, then added a some wood veneer stars that I had coloured black with a Sharpie. I also added some small gold mist splatters.


And with that, my page was complete! Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


VLVS stamps used: 

Other materials:
- Bazzill cardstock
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- Colour Blast 'Bling' Embossing Powder
- Kinder Kreations chipboard word
- Corbett Creations wood veneer word and stars
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphabet stickers
- Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine