Thursday, August 23, 2018

Dragon Dreamer | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here today with my latest design team project for you. Today I am sharing a page I created my altered book art journal using the Aagar the Emotional (dragon) stamp as a focal point. I have been dying to use this stamp and I figured what better way than to give it an entire page in my journal.


I started my page by giving it a coat of gesso to prime the paper before using some Faber-Castell Gelatos to add colour. I simply scribbled randomly around the page before using a baby wipe to blend the lines out.


Next, I turned my attention to my Aagar the Emotional focal image, which I stamped onto smooth white cardstock before colouring with Faber-Castell watercolour pencils. I then used a water brush to blend the pencil lines out before cutting the image out. Once I had cut around the image, I used the same Gelatos as I had used for the background to colour the small amount of white space around the edges.


Once I had my dragon complete, I followed the same process with the Doodle Frame stamp, and set the pieces aside so I could add them to my page. I also stamped out some hearts with the Scribble Heart stamp, which I also coloured and cut out. 


Next, I turned my attention back to my page. I used the Ethos Shape stamp repeatedly around the page with black ink to add interest to the background before sticking down all the pieces I had prepared.
I used the She Was a Dreamer stamp to add the quote to my page; then Doodle Dots stamp with green ink to add some subtle detail and a Stabilo All pencil to finish off with a bit of shadowing and scribble.


Here's a closer look at the finished page...



Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:

Other materials:
- Colour Blast white heavy gesso
- Faber-Castell Gelatos
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- Ranger Archival ink
- Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
- smooth white cardstock
- Stabilo All pencil

No comments: