Friday, December 30, 2022

Bug Ornament by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello all! 

For my blog project today I made an ornament. It can be hung any where you like.


For this project I used 1" wood cubes and several stamps.

I start by hot gluing two cubes together. Then choose my stamps and stamp all sides of all three cubes. I used a black ink and a brown ink. sometimes I don't put the stamps on a block and use them free as then I bend the rubber around the block to continue the design. after stamping, dry the ink. Then I spray the stain colors on. and dry again.

You will need some jewelry parts or washers and bolts, what ever you like. I used a bead for the neck. and Jewelry parts for arms and legs. Also eye screws to attach arms and legs to. I make holes for the eye screws using a hand drill. I just eyeball it all.  I use glue in the holes and put the screw in. let dry.

At this time you can add any other charms or decorations you like. put on the "
arms & legs", glue the head on and done! You can seal them if you wish with some collage medium~ matte or glossy.  So many ways you can go with this project. They make great gifts too. 
You can even add photos on it.
I hope you enjoyed this project! These can become addictive to do...You can use anything at all and any theme. use nails for legs...play and experiment.
Until next time~ stay arty!!

Stamps used:
Whimsical beetle man        19525
Typewriter keys by cat kerr   20024
Solid dragonfly  9859
dragonfly    9830
mosquito   1885
fold your worries    20407
life is beautiful    18167

Other supplies:
Distress spray stain: Saltwater taffy, Salvaged patina
Pearl Ex watercolor pallet
Versa clair inks: Nocturne, pinecone
Hand drill
1" wood blocks
Assorted plastic beads from craft store
eye screws
Glossy accents glue
hot glue












No comments: