Friday, September 09, 2022

Skull sun flowers by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello All!! Where has summer gone!? I don't like the melting hot but I'm not ready for snow and we know how fast that comes after my favorite season~ fall!! And with that, I am totally ready to get into all the fall and Halloween art!! So here we go with a spooky card for today.

This was so fun to make. So I stamped the sunflower three times using pinecone versafine clair ink. and then stamped again on scrap card as I wanted to cut the center out of the middle flower and raise it for some dimension, along with a few petals.
I also grabbed some resin skulls from my stash I made a while ago. All I needed to do was paint them to look old. These are my centers for the flowers. I set them aside to dry and got started on my background. Working on a glass sheet, I sprayed three colors of spray stain on the glass and used my paint brush to paint in around the flowers.


Then it was time to paint the flowers. I used lots of colors for this.

I sprayed all the colors on my glass and painted the flowers in, layering the colors starting with two yellows first.
You can spritz with water and reapply color to get the color you desire. Just keep playing until you are happy. Colors will lighten when completely dry.

At this point, I put foam dots behind all my flower parts and stuck them on the card where they belonged. Then I used hot glue to stick the skulls in the center of each flower. I painted a bit more yellow on select petals and called it done. layered it onto a black card for the finish.

Hope you enjoyed that card~ Until next time my friends~ stay crafty!

Stamps Used:
Leafy Sunflower    1170

Other Supplies:
Distress spray inks:
Mustard seed, Squeezed lemonade, cracklin campfire, spiced marmalade, salvaged patina, shaded lilac, wilted violet, aged mahogany, forest moss, twisted citron

zuri mould (skulls) Lover of darkness






No comments: