Friday, September 24, 2021

Faustus by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello all!!

Well we are officially in my favorite season!! So here is a Card to start off my Halloween season of making! I do hope you enjoy.....

For this card I started out using Yuppo paper... Its a thin sheet of plastic. I used it with my alcohol inks. Just start by putting some ink down and adding 91% or above, bottled alcohol to thin it out and help spread it , I used my heat tool from farther away for this. yuppo is thin and will warp with heat so you have to be very carful.
I also used a highlighter pen for the yellow. I stuck with greys for the ink as well as some red. You just have to play until you are happy with the result.
I then took my stamp and some Twinkling H2O's water color's and painted them on the stamp. Not too much water, you want it a little thick. then stamp on cardstock. you can repeat until you get an impression your happy with. You can also use markers, After you've colored the stamp spritz with water then stamp.
Then cut out the image. I used the highlighter pen for the yellow bits as I wanted it bright.

I also added some bat wings that I die cut, as well as the bat wing skeleton wings stamp.
I stamped the hanging bats and fence in versaclair ink. Keep a black sharpie handy for any solid black parts that miss so you can fill in. I used foam tape on the back of  the devil to give him some dimension after fussy cutting him out. That tail was tricky!


All that's left is to select your card stock layers, put it all together and you have a nice spooky card. 
I hope you enjoyed... and welcome to fall and for many of us, the spooky season!
See you next time!


Stamps used:
Hanging bat silhouette     20124
Devil        19905
Fence      18919
Bat Skeleton    19742

Other products:
Twinkling H2O's paints 
Alcohol ink: grays. red
highlighter marker
sharpie
Versaclaire Nocturne ink pad
Tim Holtz Bat crazy dies
Yuppo paper


No comments: