Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Mixed media tag - I lived in the darkness

Hi everyone,

I'm dropping in with a quick mixed media tag. This was made in about half an hour. So if you need a little something, this might be perfect for you.

I cut my tag to size - about 3 x 5 inch. For the background I layered some Oxide sprays. For each layer I sprayed one or two colors, added a little water and dried it before adding the next layer. After I was happy with the color I got, I finished the background with a few splatters of the red tone. Besides the tag I also prepared a piece of scrap paper from which I punched my reinforcement ring.

I stamped the reading man, one of the new Banksy stamps, onto some watercolor paper, cut him out and inked the edges in black. Directly on my tag I stamped the peace symbol. Initally, I planned to add some washi tape to the bottom of the tag to give the man something to stand on. But then the dumpster caught my eye and I thought why not turning this upside down! So the "step" you see in the bottom right corner is from that stamp.

 
To finish the tag, I glued the man to the tag using foam tape and added some found text fragments. I added the reinforcement ring and a string.
 


Stamps used:
Banksy Peace Symbol (20655)
Banksy Dumpster Fire (20650)
Banksy Man Reading (20657)

Other material:
- Canson watercolor paper
- Distress Oxide sprays (crackling campfire, walnut stain, iced spruce)
- Versafine Claire ink (nocturne)
- text fragments
- jute string


See you soon!


1 comment:

Robbin said...

My name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
Text (407) 777-4240
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you