Monday, March 22, 2021

Believe in Yourself - Fran Chalmers

 Hi everyone!

Today I have made a card with this beautiful lady which encourages us all to believe in ourselves! I hope you like it!



Firstly, I made a background by using distress inks and a small brayer straight onto the card.  I like the textured look I get when I do this and, of course, it is a very quick way of doing a background! I used Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron.



I then stamped out the images I needed to colour and cut out, and stamped onto the card the one that had detail I wouldn't be able to cut out properly.



Next I added some interest to the background by stencilling some flowers



and some lines to add more colour contrast too



and some edging to add more texture and colour


I stuck the other elements onto the card, and stamped the sentiment.  I coloured the wings with a Gellyroll Stardust pen and glued them at the base and tip only.


Lastly, I added some enamel dots in the centre of the flowers.  


I really enjoyed making this card so I hope you like it :)

Stamps used:
Lady Swimsuit back  SKU 2411
Believe in Yourself    SKU 20643
Punchinella/sequin waste  SKU 20161
Set of Wings  SKU 19037
Typeset Scallop  SKU 20163

Other items used:
Distress inks and Distress oxide
Stencils
Copic colouring pens
Sakura Gelly roll Stardust pen (clear)


No comments: