Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Not a usual Christmas project

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd share some Christmassy inspiration, even if it's not a classical project. We are all facing a Christmas that might be less merry than usual and even the Santa on my Memorydex card is advising to stay home.

I die cut my memorydex card layers from different papers. The base is a simple black card stock, for the middle layer I chose a metallic green one and the top is from watercolor paper.

My background is made with some of the Distress inks that have been released this year: speckled egg and rustic wilderness. I put some color onto a piece of foil, sprayed that with water and added the color to my top layer. Between each layer (I did three of them) I dried my project.

Once the inking was done, I added some stamping to create light visual texture and interest. Therefore I chose the music sheet as a more classic Christmas element and the illustration of the corona virus for the contemporary aspect.

Next, I stamped my waving Santa and colored him with some ZIG markers. After cutting him I inked the edges to make the image blend better into the background later. As I'm not a very passionate Christmas crafter, I never searched actively for Christmas stmaps at VLVS. This one here I got from a pound of rubber and I thought it might be a good idea to give him a go. 

For the quote I used one of the pandemic ones from the last release. "Stay the fuck home" seemed to be the right one, and it also had the perfect size to cut it with the speechbubble die I had.

Now it was time to assemble everything. I glued my three layers of paper on top of wach other and attached Santa. For the speech bubble I decided to do something special and added an action wobble for a fun effect.

 
 


 

Stamps used:
Waving Santa (4820)
Stay The Fuck Home (20536)
Coronavirus (20547)
Sheet Music Background (19557)


Other material:
- black cardstock
- Tim Holtz metallic cardstock
- Canson watercolor paper
- Studio Light die for memorydex
- Xcut die (speechbubbles)
- Versaclair ink (nocturne)
- Distress ink (speckled egg, rustic wilderness)
- Archival ink (library green, potting soil)
- ZIG real brush pens
- action wobble (small)


See you soon with another project!


1 comment:

Julie S said...

Ha Ha! Yes!