Thursday, April 25, 2019

Painted Terra Cotta Pots by Jenn Engle

Hey everyone! Since Spring is finally here, I thought I would paint some terra cotta pots for my plants. The new plate 1512 has different carved flowers that I thought would be perfect for my little pots.

Stamps Used:




I started out with small pots that I got from the Dollar Store (3 pots for $1!) I sprayed them with 2 coats of a teal spray paint. My spray paint is gloss, so I made sure to scuff them up with sandpaper after they dried to help my paints adhere to them.
 On my first pot, I used a whole bunch of colors of Dina Wakley acrylic. I blended a little bit in between colors, but mostly I used my paintbrush to pounce blobs of colors around. I was trying my best to channel my inner impressionistic painter. I just tried to be mindful of how the colors next to each other would mix. To finish of this pot, I stamped Wonderland on tissue paper and adhered it to my pot.


For the second pot, I applied Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks to the different plants and flowers stamps from Stamps from plate 1512. Then, I just stamped them right onto my pot. It was a little difficult because the pot is curved, but if you go slow you can apply them just fine. After the scribble sticks dried, I went in with Dina Wakley acrylic to add pops of color, highlights and to fill in any areas that didn't stamp completely.
 To finish them off, I added 2 coats of Liquitex Gloss Gel to protect my pots and give them a nice shiney look.


For my final step, I put plants in my pots and set them outside by the pond. They are a nice pop of color and my mind is racing with what other stamps I can use on my pots! 


Stamps Used:

Other Products Used:
Terra Cotta Pots
Teal Spray Paint
Scribble Sticks
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint
Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium

Thanks for looking!
~jenn



No comments: