Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Silently Correcting Your Grammar - by Cheetarah


Hi all, it's Cheetarah here at the VLVS! blog today and I am sharing this postcard I made. You might have noticed, I like to take the "tongue in cheek" approach to conventional celebrations (and really almost everything else in life ;) . With Halloween coming up, I thought about the most horrifying thing to "dress up as", and that would be a "belittling know it all" - far more annoyingly terrifying than any monster in my book! ;) 

VLVS! has these AMAZING text stamps and the "I am silently correcting your grammar" is one of my favorites. As always full list of stamps is at the end of the post.



I started off by making a background with sticking left over bits and pieces to a card. And then roll over some distress paints in orange, smoke and yellow. Stamped over some wonderful mixed media stamps and spatters some liquitex while ink over it. I stamped the cute Whimsical Horned Boy on a coffee stained paper and colored it in with alcohol markers.



I stamped the sentiment also on the coffee stained paper and adhered the focal images to the card. Added some washi tape for more texture and to ground the image.



Lastly I added some gold spatters and a border with distress crayon in black soot.

Stamps used:
Whimsical Boy with Horns
Carved X's 
Rows of numbers
Pile of bones and skulls
I am Silently Correcting your grammar

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is an impressive creation !

Sharon Foulk said...

LMBO! Great card!