Friday, October 13, 2017

TGIF the 13th! - by Cheetarah


Hey all, it's Cheetarah here and I have a fun mixed media postcard to share with you for today. Since it's Friday the 13th I thought I would make a Halloween version of TGIF! 
Little Nosferatu likes to unwind on friday the 13th and have brains for happy hour!
As usual a full list of stamps and materials used is at the end of this post.

 

I made this card on packaging, added other left over bits and pieces to it (I hate to waste stuff), applied gesso over it and worked with layers of distress paints. I also lightly added some texture paste over the Marbles stencil from the Crafter's Workshop to give it some "brain like mass" texture. Then stamped over it with some great mixed media and skulls stamps.

You can see the texture a lot better here. I have used distress crayons and pearl rubs in black and gold to give it shading. Nosferatu was stamped on a piece of sticker paper and "Brains fuck head" is made with two different stamps. I used letter stickers to form TGIF the 13th and lastly added some spatters in white and gold.


Hope this card made you chuckle and wishing you an awesome friday the 13th! (TGIF!)


Stamps used:

Materials used:
Distress paints: Hickory Smoke, Carved Pumpkin, Barn Door, faded jeans
Liquitex inks in Gold and White
Distress Crayons
Staz-On inks in Cherry red, Jetblack, Midnight blue, Stone Grey
Perfect Pearl rub ons 
Marbles stencil from the Crafter's Workshop
Modeling paste

5 comments:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's creepy !!

luluvision said...

LOVE it!!

Chris Dring said...

Brilliant! And you used my favorite swear word!! LOL!

bluelesley said...

Love it ❤️

Roman reigns said...

I just want to tell you that I am just very new to blogs and absolutely enjoyed this blog. Gunmetal