Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Art Journal Page Tutorial by Susanne

Hi there!

Susanne here today and I'm sharing a step by step art journal project. This one is made in my homemade traveler's journal. I used gelli printed papers as my base pages.


Use gel medium and adhere the mixed media die cuts to the page. Cover it with a layer of gesso. Stamp the main image and the sentiment on tissue paper, cut it out and adhere it to the page.


Now it's time to add colour with Brusho powders. I sprinkle the pigments onto my page and spread them arround with a wet brush. I am adding colour until I am happy with the result.
While I am drying the colours with a heat tool I am spritzing water droplets with the Distress Sprayer onto the page to create some more texture.


I make the Dancing Lady pop out more by adding a shadow around her. I'm using an Inktense pencil.


Finally I add some stamping:


Here are some close-ups:





Thank you for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.



Supplies:
Viva Las VegaStamps!
Tired of Trying to Cram 1
Dancing Lady
There is a Universe
You are Beautiful
Howling Coyote Silhouette
Straggly Pine Trees 
Others:
Brushos
Archival Ink
Sizzix Tim Holtz Mixed Media Dies
Distress Sprayer
Gel Medium
Gesso
Tissue Paper

2 comments:

Sol said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love it!. The Colours are Amazing.. and I love the stamps!!..

Whimsytouches said...

This is absolutely awesome!