Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Ray of sunshine.... by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello everyone!

For todays blog project, I decided to start an art journal.

Here is the first page.

To start out, I sprayed spray stains and some water
I then dried that and painted on some twinkling H2os paints. Then I sprayed black soot spray over all and dried that.

Once dry the sparkly paints showed through very nicely. hard to show on camera but its very subtle and pretty. Next I stamped my girl and wings and cut them out. I decided to leave them uncolored since the page is so dark already,
I found some hand made paper in my stash and tore that and glued it down. I also used some washi tape for added interest. I glued that down as well since it likes to lift off.
Before putting paper on, I stamped bats all around. after paper is on I stamped the headstones. also a note, To help protect the next page I used a larger  thin tag board in-between. You could also use shrink wrap. next, I attached the wings to my girl and put foam tape behind her and stuck her on the page. I stamped the saying and used foam tape on that as well.
And that is it! The note book is by Canson and is labeled mixed media. There are 30 pages and its 5.5 x  8.5 " and the paper weight is 138 pound. I tend to used a lot of water and paint so I wanted a paper that could handle it. I'm very happy with it.
Stamps used:
Lady hair blowing    7006
Cemetery                  18907
I am  a ray of fucking sunshine     20176
Flock of bats    18909
Bat wings set     14339

Other supplies
Distress spray stains;   Black soot, lumberjack plaid, salvaged patina, shaded lilac       
H2O's watercolor paints
handmade papers
washi tapes
Mixed media book








No comments: