Friday, January 13, 2023

Castle in the Fog by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello everyone!

For this weeks blog, I made a card. I hope you enjoy it.


So for this card I started out using my jelly mat or plate. I took a rubber brayer and inked it up with dye ink from my kaleidacolor pad. Roll the color onto the jelly plate.

My ink pad is very wet so it works good. I then sprayed on a few drops of distress spray ink. Happy with that I took my cardstock and laid it onto the plate. I went over the back side with my now clean brayer. Pull it off and let it dry a minute.
I took my stamp, and inked it using morning mist versaclair ink. I did this three times.Then I took the black versaclair and stamped three times a bit lower. For the center building, I inked the whole stamp. For the ones on either side I only ink part of the stamp as seen in the photo.

Then I took a brick stencil and a sponge, and I blotted the morning mist ink through the stencil. I did it many times to get it darker. I then took the sponge and used the brown or pinecone ink to fill in more on the corners and around the edge of the whole card. At this time I took a paint brush and started to paint in the buildings. I didn't want to change the colors too much so I did a bit at a time. The card will lighten quite a bit as it dries. I used TH heavy mix media cards.
Once I felt done with the coloring, It was time to do the fog. I used a very well inked Moonlight white Brilliance pigment ink pad. Use a decent size makeup sponge for this and ink in the center of the roundest part of the sponge as you don't want lines, they are very hard to get rid of. You may need to tap on paper first then to your card, you do not want too much ink. Keep pouncing to get a good smooth,  blend. Make it as foggy as you wish. Last I stamped the balloon and the fence. I used the distress spray ink and a brush to color the balloons. Mounted it to a black card and that is it!
And that is it! A nice way to use one stamp to make a larger focal piece.


Stamps used:
Big Ben    19391
Hot air balloon flags   19006
Tree with tire swing    19717
Spiked fence     18919

Other supplies:
Kaleidacolor dye ink pad- Caribbean sea
Brilliance pigment ink pad- Moonlight white
Various distress reinkers for painting big ben and balloons.
Rubber Brayer
Gellie plate
Versaclair ink pads- Nocturnal, morning mist, pine cone







No comments: