Monday, January 09, 2023

A Masculine card - by Fran Chalmers

Hi everyone.  Happy New Year!

Today I have made a card for a male friend of mine.  I don't often make cards for men, but I am pleased with the way this turned out.



I made the background by brayering Hickory Smoke distress ink straight onto the card mat with a small brayer. I like the texture this gives.


I stamped the image with the writing onto the card mat, as I wouldn't be able to cut it out after stamping the image onto thick paper.


After stamping both the images onto thick paper, I coloured them with pencils and added metallic copper and gold to add a bit of interest.  I then cut them out.  This was extremely fiddly with the above image!



I also stamped the sentiment onto the thick paper, and outlined it with the metallic copper pen.


After sticking the images and the sentiment onto the card mat, I edged it with black pen.




Stamps Used: 
All stamps used are from Plate 890

Other items used:
Distress ink in Hickory Smoke
Small brayer
Gold and Copper metallic gel pens
Polychromos pencils
Versafine Clair ink in Nocturn
Black pen for edging mat

See you next time!


 


No comments: