Saturday, October 30, 2021

Hallows Eve By Tracy Blackwolf

 Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!!!!!

My most favorite time of the year!!! On the blog today with a little Hallows eve Vignette box...Enjoy!!

I just love making these boxes! they make such fun decor and night lights. They come brown so I almost always paint them with white Gesso first because then I can use any medium to paint what ever I want after that.
I do two coats and then I used spray stains to put in the color... Squeezed Lemonade and then Shaded lilac. next I sprayed some black soot and used a paint brush to pull the black upwards in streaks....spooky...
while that dried, I got my moon out of my stash...its a chipboard moon... I coated in modeling paste, let dry and spritzed on two orange spray stains. Then stamp the witch and color with alcohol markers. 
I used some neon red paper to stamp the row of jack o lanterns, let dry and fussy cut them out.
I then stamped the weathered tree on acetate twice and fussy cut them out. I gessoed the chipboard stars and splashed some spray stains on them as well. Then stamped some bats on the inside back of the box.
the witch is stuck to the moon with foam glue dots. Then I had to drill a hole in the box for the tiny lights... Because how fun are they?!! I used just a little had drill you push up and down. then used an awl to make the hole a little bigger. I cut off all but four lights because that is all I wanted. be sure to cut from the end opposite the battery pack! I bent them and stuck them to the top back of the box using hot glue. Be careful not to get hot glue on the light itself. hold in place with a toothpick if you need to.
Then use the moss from the craft store to hide the lights wire a bit, and help with the creepy effect.
Glue in some moss on the bottom too.. then cut apart the jack o lanterns and start gluing them in where you want. Then the trees. you want to rough up the acetate  with an emery board or fine sand paper a bit to give it some "tooth" so the hot glue sticks. I glued the bottom and just two spots on either side to anchor them to the box. Then came time to glue the moon and witch on the front. just pay attention to the contact points and glue well there. Then I glued my stars on along with some more moss.and finished with the last of the jack o lanterns. I stamped bats on the outside of the box, added some hologram black stars to her dress and called it done!


So fun!
I always like to finish the back too....
You can leave the battery case loose or as I have done since I did the photo and glued it on the back. Just make sure you have the opening on top and not glued down to back..So you can change the batteries.
Hope you Enjoy!! Have a safe and fun Halloween all!!!!

Stamps:
Weathered tree   19467
Row of Jack o lanterns  19210
Bats   18909
Witch holding broom   19705

Other supplies:
Vignette box...TH
Moon and stars chipboard..TH
Moss ...Craft store
Tiny lights..TH
White gesso
hot glue
Black staz on ink for acetate
Disstress spray stains...Black soot, squeezed lemonade, Shaded lilac, Ripe persimmon, Carved
pumpkin.



No comments: