Thursday, April 15, 2021

Two simple cards with flowers

Hi everyone,

Today I'm sharing a few cards with you. Usually, I like my cards to be quite simple, and so are these two.



I cut two 4 x 5 1/4 inch bases from watercolor paper and got out four colors of Oxide inks, put some on my glass plate and thinned them down with water.


With a fan brush I put splatters of different colors on the cards and dried between the layers. For the left background I used cracking campfire, victorian velvet and cracked pistachio. For the left one I replaced crackling campfire with rustic wilderness. I always started with the most intense color as the base layer and dried it between the different colors.


After the backgrounds were ready, I stamped Cat Kerr's nature collage on top. I decided that I wanted one card to be horizontally and the other one vertically. In the detail photos at the end of this post you can see how the oxide ink shows a little through the stamped image - an effect I really like.


Next, I stamped my quotes onto some watercolor paper, trimmed them down and placed them onto some black cardstock that's just a little larger than the white paper. I added them to the card front with some foam tape.


With my deckle edge trimmer I cut two more black cardstock pieces to approximately 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inch, glued the card front on top and then everything to my white card base.

As I said, quite simple but I think the splatter background makes it very special. Here are a few more (detail) photos:








Stamps used:
Other material:
- Canson watercolor paper
- Black and white cardstock
- Distress Oxide Inks (cracking campfire, victorian velvet, cracked pistachio, rustic wilderness)
- Versaclaire ink (nocturne)
- Fan brush

- Deckle edge trimmer (Tim Holtz)


See you soon!

No comments: