Monday, June 24, 2019

Happy Days | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout I created using a variety of Viva Las VegaStamps floral stamps. This page was created to document a photo from dress up night at my scrapbook retreat last year, which had the theme "Trouble in Paradise".


For my layout I began with a sheet of Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock and Ranger 'Mermaid Lagoon' Distress Oxide to create a simple watercolour style background. I swiped the ink pad onto my messy mat, added a couple of spritzes of water, then laid the cardstock over the top to soak up the colour and set it aside to dry.


With my background drying, I then set about creating the embellishments for my page. I gathered a variety of floral stamps that I thought would work well for my tropical themed page - Hibiscus FlowerFancy FlowersBeautiful LilyLilies; and finally Hawaiian Ginger for those fabulous tropical style leaves. I stamped them out onto some smooth white cardstock.


I then used my Faber-Castell watercolour pencils to colour each of the images, sticking with shades I thought would work well with my photo and give my page that "tropical vibe". I then used a water brush to blend the pencil lines, before cutting each of them out.


To construct my page, I started with the photo, adding some scrap cardboard underneath it to pop it up from the page. I then added a Cocoa Vanilla Studio floral cut file that I had cut from some white cardstock along the bottom edge of the photo.


I then arranged my stamped floral images across the page, following along the line created by the cut file. I tucked some underneath, and added others over the top using foam tape, to give the page extra dimension.


To finish off my page I stamped the Seek Paradise sentiment several times using black ink, and used some die cut words from Cocoa Vanilla Studio for my page title. I also added my handwritten journalling with a felt pen.


Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used: 
Lilies

Other materials:
- Bazzill cardstock
- Tsukineko StazOn black ink
- Ranger 'Mermaid Lagoon' Distress Oxide
- Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Colour Me Happy' cut file
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio die cut title words
- foam mounting tape
- felt pen

No comments: