Thursday, April 05, 2018

Art journaling with Whimsical Leaf Lady

Hi!
Elina here with you today, sharing my latest mixed media page I made in my Moleskine art journal book:

I had so much fun playing with the Whimsical Leaf Lady stamp! To start with, I stamped the image twice on white paper, and colored both faces, using two different color sets of my alcohol markers. The lady with red hair and purple leaves was a nicer match to my black/yellow/white page background, so that's the one I chose for this project. The other green color themed lady will be used later for another project.

Black paint marks I pressed on the page background with my gelli plate. To mute down the dark color I brayered some white acrylic paint on top, and added hints of yellow paint here and there. Before gluing down the main image I decorated the background with stamping.

I placed the lady on the bottom of my page, but then realized that to my taste there was too much open space on the top of the page. I decided to make a bit larger collage of the leaves in her hair: I re-stamped the larger set of leaves on white paper, colored them with alcohol markers, cut out, and layered on the page. I do love the image as it is, but I think that this version is also quite cool!


Hope this page inspires you to take a fresh look at your VLVS! stamps; they can be used in so many various ways!

For this art journal page I used the following VLVS! stamps:

Whimsical Leaf Lady Face
Cross Marks Background
Carved Xs
Rows of Numbers

Wishing you a wonderful day!



4 comments:

Majo said...

I love this stamp, you made the most of it ♥

Elina Stromberg said...

Thank you Majo! ❤

by belle said...

Love the colors!

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous !