Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Fairy Girls on Art Journal Page

Hi VLVS! Friends,
Elina here today, sharing with you my latest art journal page:



Mirroring a stamped image is not difficult. For this you need a smooth, non-porous surface that is a bit larger than your image to be mirrored; the backside of a large pattern stamp or a piece of EZ mount foam work well. 
I stamped the image on a piece of EZ mount foam, pressed the stamped foam on the paper, and the EZ mount foam transferred the a mirrored version of the stamped image on the paper. Easy!





I wanted to color the images with alcohol markers, and therefore I chose a water soluable ink for stamping. A pigment ink may have created a bit more crispy mirrored image, but also the water soluable ink worked fine. Some of the lighter lines I reinforced with a black marker before fuzzy cutting the images.




For the page background I used a piece of a watercolored page I had painted a while back. I glued the paper with some bookpage pieces on the page and added acrylic paints in white and grey on top. Simple and fun!




For this art journal page used the following VLVS! stamps:

Have a nice day!





3 comments:

Sharon Foulk said...

Several great techniques in this piece that I am excited to try myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

KC said...

So lovely! Thanks for the awesome ideas!!

Elina Stromberg said...

Thank you for the lovely comments! ❤