Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Find Your Tribe | Fiona Paltridge

Hello VLVS! peeps Fiona here with you again to share a little card tutorial.


I want to show you how I got this Whimsical Fairy Lady to look like she's poking out from behind the tree.


First I made a mask of the stamp and placed it in my embossing folder where I wanted to stamp her later on. Then using some Distress ink I stamped the Brick Background stamp directly onto the inside of the embossing folder. You have to stamp on the non raised side (the side the writing in on in this case).


Next I stamped the Fairy lady. This time I used archival ink as I wanted it to be really black and permanent so I could do some Distress Ink blending later on and it wouldn't be disturbed.
I also got a wet wipe and removed any excess ink from inside the tree embossing part so it wouldn't transfer onto my card when I ran it through the machine. Seeing that it is Archival ink I did use a little bit of Stazon remover to help with this part.


After running it through my Big Shot I used a brayer and some more Distress Ink to add some ink onto the front of the tree. Later on I blended some ink over the top of it very carefully as well.


I have to be honest, I was worried ..... I was very worried when it first came out of the machine but after some additional Distress Ink blending and the addition of the Stitching stamps (everything looks better with a stitch stamp) plus a title, I was much happier with the results in the end.

Viva Las Vegastamps! used:



Thanks for popping by xo







No comments: