Monday, July 13, 2015

She Was...

Hello!  Mary here with a little inspiration for this month's challenge.  If you haven't seen the inspiration board, hop on over and check it out!

I gotta say, I'm totally lovin' this month's challenge.  Not only did it inspire me to create a little somethin', but a very BIG something!

It all started with a few paper and fabric postcards...


I began by layering up some vintage ephemera from my stash onto a postcard-sized sheet of cardstock.  A bit of generation stamping with the She Was sentiment added texture.  Then, I stamped the Fed-up Vintage Lady onto a scrap of muslin fabric for a focal point, and stitched it down.


For the back, I stitched lines to mimic a postcard onto another scrap of fabric and my card was done!
 

Because I liked the process of creating that card so much, I was inspired to create a whole album of postcards in the same style!  I plan for it to be a heritage album of all the fabulous women in our family from great-grandparents to my sweet baby girl.

Here's a peek at the cover...


The focal image is the Squiggle Heart stamp.  I can.  Not.  WAIT to finish up this album!!  It's going to be a true labor of love and it'll be fabulous to pass on down as my girl grows up and has her very own children.

SO, in all I was inspired by the stripes, music notes, vintage, women, scribbles, black, white, tan, pink, off white and tea stainy awesomeness of this month's challenge!!  How about you??

Thanks for stopping by today!!

xx Mary

4 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

This is gorgeous and your girl will be so happy when she gets it...
Corrie x

Annie said...

I LOVE these cards you made! The ideas and construction is awesome looking! Very inspiring.

by belle said...

Beautiful Mary and I love the idea!!

Irit Shalom said...

Great technique to try!