Friday, July 04, 2014

Weekend napzzzzzzz....



Hello and Happy Friday.  Tina here today with my first official Design Team project for VLVS.  I am SO excited to be here with y'all for the next 6 months and can't wait.

My first project is a Mixed Media layout.  I had wanted to use this stamp, 'Tangle' on a project, but only wanted a portion of the stamp for my project.  No worries; you can either ink up a portion of the stamp for using, or cut out the portion desired.  


After stamping the image 2 times, I painted it using watercolors and doodle pens.  I then cut out the stamped portion I wanted.  I also cut the 2nd image into 2 pieces and placed them along the edge of my layout.  I added a brad and extra large sequin to the center of each image and used them as an embellishment on my page. 



Using this technique, I can create a customized embellishment that coordinates with the color scheme on the background.  It’s a great way to extend your stamps to create an endless supply of embellishments.



I really love the versatilty of stamping.  You can create so many amazing projects using stamps!  I hope you enjoyed my layout today!
Have a great day!
Tina

No comments: