Monday, November 02, 2020

Tags for Christmas and trees!

 Liven up the holidays with this fun wooden tag, perfect for gifts, on trees and anywhere a little Christmas spirit needs to be added.  These are using some wooden stocking ornaments that I found at the Dollar Tree, but I have seen similar ones at various other crafting stores for under a dollar.


Supplies:

Waving Santa Item 4820

Black Pigment Ink

Black, Clear, white and silver Embossing Powders

Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China & Blueprint Sketch

Silver colored Christmas Pick of holly leaves

A few foam snowflakes, one slightly larger than the other

Wooden Christmas Stocking Ornament

Heat Gun

Glue

Star Brad and Jewled Brad

Die cut "Believe" on Paper

Directions: 

I stamped directly on the wood using pigment black inks, then embossing them with black embossing powder. This allowed me to hand color the stamped images with some of my regular markers.

 

  Using my Distress Oxides in Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China and Blueprint Sketch with a blender brush, I applied the inks around the embossed, color stamped image. Once there was coverage and a mixture that I liked, I embossed over the background with a clear embossing powder for a shiny textured surface.

Using white pigment ink, I embossed the "white fur" on the top front section of the ornament. I found some decorate silver leaves at the 99 cent store, which I cut down a sprig and glued on the back of the ornament so the leaves were "coming out" of the top of the stocking.  After, I grabbed some foam snowflakes (I bought those from Michaels), layered those on the toe of the ornament, punch holes through them and through the toe, then slid a jeweled brad into the hole. Since I had a star brad and a previously die cut out "believe" in paper, I proceeded to use silver embossing powder and embossed those to get a shiny metallic surface.

 
 
After gluing down the "Believe" punching the hole for the star (to later add the star brad), I was pretty much done. Piece of red and white bakers twine and some black ink to darken the edge of the ornament completed it.
 
 
 Happy Ho-Ho-HO!

No comments: