Wednesday, September 26, 2018

What time? by Elina Stromberg

Hi!
One of the recently released stamp plates contains a super cool text that always makes me smile. I combined it with the intriguing 'Lid Lady' image, and made a card and a matching ATC:



For the background I used the large 'Stained Glass/Mosaic Background' stamp that has the perfect size a 4"x6" card base. I stamped it on a piece of mixed media cardstock, and heat embossed the pattern using white embossing powder. Melted powder resists watercolors, so for coloring the background I simply painted over the entire pattern with yellow, red and brown watercolors. Once the paper was dry I decorated some of the darker areas with a number pattern stamp.

As usual, I stamped two main images on one go, colored them with my Promarkers, and cut out. I also stamped and colored two backgrounds; one of them I used for my card, and the other I trimmed to ATC size. I think the ATC looks quite nice, too!


For these cards I used the following VLVS! stamps:
Lid Lady
Stained Glass/Mosaic Background
Rows of Numbers

Wishing you a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: