Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Sew Many Ways...to show someone you care

When looking for stamps for my next project from Viva Las Vegastamps! I spotted these fantastic vintage photo-image stamps. They are stunning. I could not stop at just one or two, I needed the entire plate! They are the perfect size for Artist Trading Cards [ATCs], and the sentiments on the plate lend themselves not only to artjournaling and cardmaking, but also to memory keeping. With Mother's Day is just around the corner, I thought I would share a quick technique and a few cards that could be used for sending to Mom or a special someone in your life. 

For this technique you will need:
Versamark Watermark Pad
a loose brush
foam squares
Hem Tape and Heat Gun
Buttons and Embroidery floss
Trim
Ranger Archival Ink
Card Stock [I used Basic Grey Wisteria for my samples]

Create a collage with the notions stamps from the plate.
Ink up the stamps with the versamark and stamp image onto card stock.
With a brush, brush on Terri Sproul's mixers in your favorite
color--I liked the bronze. Swipe back over the stamped image
to remove the excess powder. The versamark ink "holds"
onto the mica powder creating a subtle imprint on your card.
For this card I stamped the image on a piece of 3½×2½"
white card stock base with Ranger Archival ink. I double
matted the photo with Basic Grey card stock and Paper.
I lightly touched the edge of the outer matte to the black
ink to visually frame the photo stamp. This was then added
to a card base that I had stamped with the above
technique. A piece of woven trim was attache to the card
with a strip of Miracle Tape. Buttons with tied floss knots
were added to the trim. The sentiment from the plate was
stamped onto of the Mixer-brushed stamped image.

This image was also stamped on white card stock. The horizontal
image is perfect for cards. The edge of the stamped image was pierced
to imitate stitching and the edges were distresses. This was matted onto
a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper stamped on the edge with the
tape measure image on the plate. I piece of Hem Tape was attached to
the front with Miracle Tape before being matted to the final card layers.
The tape was heated to make it "melt" and curl. The sentiment was
stamped in black on the bottom of the base layer.
I could not share this plate with you without making at least
one ATC to share. The photo-image was stamped with black
onto an ATC base. The measuring tape image and the sewing
machine image were layered over the top of the card with
Versamark and dusted with bronze Mixers in the manner above.
This sentiment was stamped on a thin strip of patterned paper
which was then backed with 1" Miracle Tape.  The words were
then trimmed out and easily adheres to the front
of the card by removing the back strip. The card was
edged with black to give it definition. A piece of crinkled
hem tape and a knotted button were added for fun!
Thank you for looking at my fun projects with these beautiful vintage photo-stamps.
~leslierahye

1 comment:

Sandra Strait said...

Awesome cards! I just love those photo-stamps!