Friday, July 08, 2011

Steampunk Flights of Fancy

Steampunk designs are really hot, hot, hot!!! I waited a while to jump on board, but here is one of my artworks using this style...

"I'll fly away" - mixed media artwork on canvas 10" x 10"

I had so much fun creating this mixed media art. I used two Viva La Vegastamps! in the above design. (See below) I also used several pieces of ephemera from my collection. I have been collecting vintage paper items for years. I also love using rusty and found objects in my art, so steampunk is a natural progression for me.

VLV stamps has a ton of stamps for Steampunk designs...plus so much more...


Basket Descending 4 1/2 x 4 3/4 Item 9391

Pocket Watch 1 3/4 x 2 Item 5538



2 comments:

Stampo said...

LOVE your Steampunk masterpiece, Rebecca!

Lyneen said...

I love this... saw it in the HOP... Great piece of steampunk art!