Monday, June 02, 2014

Sm;)e.

Hello!!  Mary here with some fun inspiration for this month's challenge.



I decided to create a fun summertime journal!  It's perfect for scrapping a few summer photos, jotting down my musings and holding all those bits and bobs of goodness I just need to keep.


As you can see, I took the color palette quite literally!  I sprayed a bright yellow and also a teal Lindy's Stamp Gang spray mist  and a whole lotta water onto some watercolor paper.  When it was completely dry, I finger painted white paint here and there to give the illusion of clouds and soften it up a bit.

Then, I stamped the 3 Women in Tubes image in StazOn jet black ink as a focal image.  I then stamped the sm;)e image repeatedly in the same ink.  I love that it serves as my title and adds such lovely texture, as well.


Finally, I stitched a vellum sun, a border and some pretty blue seam binding down.  The seam binding started it's life in white.  I cut three lengths and gradually added more of the same Lindy's teal spray to achieve a pretty ombre water effect.  A few sequins for some sparkle and I'm ready to play!


Needless to say, I was super inspired by this months mood board!  I LOVE my book and can't wait to spend the summer filling her up :-)  I hope you've found a little inspiration today, as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

xx Mary

No comments: