Monday, June 09, 2014

Birthday Cards made Easy

Hello again everyone!! It's me Tera here with another fun tutorial.
Today I am going to share this cute but simple card that I created for my cousin for her 13th Birthday! I know you wouldn't normally think Dragons for a girl, but Kenzi is extra awesome and sort of a tom-boy so I think she's like it, and this stamp is so adorable it can be used for boys or girls!!



Supplies Used:
VLVS:

Dragon on Egg 2 1/2 x 3

PanPastel in dark Blue
StazOn ink in Black
Adhesive
scissors
cardstock (black, green, White)
K &Co Adhesive Chipboard
Embossing folder (not sure of name)

To start, I took my roll of masking tape and traces two connecting circles to make the base of the card. then i trace 1 more circle that was separate.

after you cut your circles out (making sure you don't cut apart your connecting ones...see photo) fold your connecting circles in half. then fold the top part/circle of your card in half so that the circle touches the center fold line (this is the popped up part of your card)


next glue the extra circle to the bottom 1/2 of your folded circle on the front. Next take your PanPASTELS and color the edges




I then cut out a contrasting black circle which was slightly smaller and embossed it using an embossing folder that looked like dragon scales to me. After doing this I adhered it you the new front of the card


I stamped my dragon on white card stock, then colored using markers before cutting it out and gluing it to the front of the card



to finish everything off I added the chipboard stickers to help prop the card open and add a little extra visual interest

 Below you can see it from a few different angles : )


 

Thank you all for visiting!!
Don't forget about the June challenge board!!!







5 comments:

Gerrina said...

Great tutorial and great card! Hugs, Gerrina

Annie said...

I've often wondered how these round pop-up cards are made. Thanks for showing me. Cute card!

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you Ladies!!

Sharon Harris said...

What a fun card! Thanks for sharing.

Glenda T. said...

This is so cool and Unique!