Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Dare to be ourselves...



Hello and Happy Wednesday!  Tina here today with my last month of projects.  I am SO enjoyed my time with y’all and I hope you have been inspired!

Today, I created a project that is very special to me, for several reasons.  1)  I consider myself to be very unique and sometimes struggle with staying true to myself while ‘still fitting in’.  I am sure that many of you can relate.  And 2) This Art Journal page is not the typical ‘Tina project’, but when I finished it, it resonated with me in an unsual way.


When looking through the 1000’s of VLVS stamps, I kept getting drawn to these 2 stamps, 'Eye Close-up' and 'Eye Design'.  I’m not sure if it was the unique, Picasso-esk look, or the fun, doodle-y nature of the image, but I knew I had create something with them.




I had envisioned a page using them both as the ‘eyes’ into my soul.  By stamping them off-set from each other (and I think 1 is actually upside down), I stamped them so they eyes ‘lined up’.  Using 1 of my favorite techniques, I colored in the image with Glaze pens and Doodling markers.  


I had not originally intended to add a mouth and nose, but as my page evolved, I knew it needed it.  I hand-drew both elements to create the face image I had in mind.  

The quote I used on my page reflected the feeling I was trying to portray exactly, and I thought it was a perfect fit.

Do you Dare to be yourself?  In what ways?

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.
Tina

2 comments:

Gery said...

Wow, I realy love this card.
It's a little bit scary with those eyes, just like daring to be yourself sometimes can be scary.
Groetjes Gery

Chark said...

love the sentiment and the page! My 19 year old daughter is as unique as they come and will actually wear two different length socks with shorts. viva la difference :)