Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Carnival of Happy

It's Amy here today to share a blast from the past, the HERE stamp.
I had fun getting this funny Mardi Gras gal ready for a carnival atmosphere, on this layered ATC (I'm clearly big on those these days).


I used my gelli plate to make the background, using purple and green paints, and neon pink Hero Arts ink, spreading it with a brayer, over a stencil. I then added some drywall tape, cut down, for texture, and rolled the brayer over the top.

For the ATC card with the Mardi Gras Mask stamp on it, I stamped with IMAGINE Crafts Neon and Memento inks in Pink and Green shades, and colored it in with watercolor pencils. The background is shaded with purple watercolor pencil.






Finally, I added layers of embellishments, including the vintage plastic ballerina. I tried to keep everything light and fun, using some cupcake flags from Ruby Rock-it for little banners.







Thanks for having a look today, and I hope you enjoyed taking a trip back in time, to find a new stamp!
Loves,
Amy

Supplies:
Stamp: Mardi Gras Mask
Adhesive: Miracle Tape, E6000
Ink: IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko
Chipboard Frame/Hearts: Studio Calico/Pink Paislee-Heidi Swapp
Metal: Bead Landing/Tim Holtz
Ballerina/Laces: Vintage
Cupcake Flags: Ruby Rock-It
Rhinestone word: Unknown






3 comments:

Chark said...

really love how you did this!

by belle said...

Fun and bright!! Love it!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I love the neon Mardi Gras Stamp and the adorable ballerina! Fabulous piece!