Sunday, June 22, 2014

Blast from the past!

I always love a good challenge, and when I was given this elegant flower stamp

I must admit I was scared! haha It was outside my comfort zone as I usually do projects that have alot of humour in them and when I looked at this stamp I thought "well what's funny about that??" haha  BUT.... it made me think outside the box and sometimes going out of your comfort zone is a good thing!!

For my first ATC I used plain white cardstock and then inked it up using green and blue inks
(I used a circle stencil for the blue dots!) and then I stamped the elegant flower with orange ink and stamped it onto the card
and then I sat and stared at it.  For a while.  And then I wanted to see some big black crows hanging overhead so I used the birds on a wire large stamp
with bold black ink
and then I outlined some of the circles in black, added some Hambly clear transparency and the word "crow" using die cuts and here is the finished ATC
Not so scary after all right? haha  I made one more ATC using the now not so scary elegant flower stamp and the one way stamp and here it is
I had alot of fun making these and thinking outside the box and I hope you enjoyed my "blast from the past" stamp and that it got you thinking outside the box as well!  Until next time,

Glenda



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, love this. I too face the struggles you mentioned. This post was inspiring for me.

Gunvor said...

Great art work! Love the colours!

Chark said...

love how each of these is so different but still have a "cool" factor!