Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Challenge - Accepted!

Hi Everyone - Karen here with you again today. Have you seen the awesome new inspiration challenge that we have here at VLVS this month??
 

 
I love the colours.. So I decided that I would use this as my inspiration ,
 
This is what I came up with..
 
 
 I used a base of the VLVS Grunge writing 1787 , then layered down  lots of different elements, including book pages and lace added in some Tim Holtz embellishments and some hexagon chipboard from UmWow Studio .  I've coloured the chipboard with brown ink, even though I love the natural colour of the UWS chipboard, I wanted it a little darker this time, and  lastly some stitching and flowers.
 
and a couple of close ups..
 
I love the detail in this crown.
 I stamped  both the crown and the bee on manila coloured cardstock, the inked the edges with walnut stain distress ink.

 
I've  used Miracle tape to stick my vintage lace down..  Is there anything this tape wont stick??
 
I used three different VLVS images for this one..
 
 Crown 2 x 1 1/2
 
 For the background  I used
Grunge 1787 Writing Background 3 x 3 1/2
 
And I fussy cut the bee from
 
Italian Sonnet Background 4 1/2 x 3 3/4
 
 
Thank you for stoping by,
I hope you have a fantastic day, and get a little stamping in
 
Happy Stamping..
Karen.

3 comments:

by belle said...

I just love all the details!!!

Tera Callihan said...

Positively beautiful! I have some ideas for mine, but haven't had the time to get them done.

Sandra Strait said...

Oh Wow! The inspiration you took from the challenge is inspirational in and of itself!