Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Momma In Paradise {Layout and Technique Video}

 Good morning, inky friends, it's Amy here today to share a layout and video I created using some fun techniques.  This layout was out of the box for sure, but took me in some new, fun directions that I definitely learned from. I just let the creative muse do her thing.



I'm happy to share my creative experience here today, using the Fancy Grass/Weed (I refer to this incorrectly during the video as the beach grass stamp, oops), and the Hibiscus Flower stamps....along with lots of inks, mists, paints, and more! Have a look at the process:


 
I'm super happy with how this colorful, quirky layout came together....and conveys a true picture of my love of being in paradise (on the beach!)



Thanks so much for having a look at my little piece of paradise on a page, and visit my blog for more inspiration!
Supplies used on this project:







Stamps:
Fancy Grass/Weeds 
Hibiscus Flower
Inks: 
Memento: Tuxedo Black
Ranger Archival Ink: Coffee
Ranger Distress Stain: Walnut
Paint:Plaid Folk Art: Metallic Green, Extreme Glitter Silver, Metallic Gold, Jamaican Blue
Pens:
Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush Pen, Cobalt Turquoise
Copic Marker, Mistletoe
Ranger Distress Marker, Bundled Sage, Blue China
Adhesive:
Miracle Tape 1/8 inch
Helmar Premium Craft Glue
Mists:
Heidi Swapp Color Shine: Tinsel, Teal
Mr. Hueys: Navy
Art Anthology: Lark
Paper Banner:
Studio Calico
Paper and Alpha Stickers:
7 Dots (9th Wave and Messy Head collections)
Flowers/Jewels:
Prima, Recollections
Twine: 
May Arts
Washi Tape:
Tim Holtz
Smash
Thread:
Coates
Buttons/metal coins: Vintage/unknown



4 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

Positively wonderful!!! Love the colors and amazing depth

Sandra Strait said...

Gorgeous! I love the effect of the beads!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

AMAZING! If it wasn't on the VLVS! blog... I would never believe this was stamped. You may get me to turn to scrapbooking yet. Stunning! :)

Sandra said...

This is an amazing result. Thanks for showing these technics :)