Friday, September 06, 2013

She Leapt for Joy-Viva Las VegaStamps!

She Leapt for Joy...Ideas were Proliferating Like Rabbits

Ah! You've been there as a crafter, yes?  Days where the blank page mocks you.  Dares you to create.  And your muse is silent, offering no help.  And then suddenly, ideas begin to flow, welling up and hopping about like bunnies, out of control.  Bursts of color and energy leap onto the page, and you leap for joy.

It seemed like a good theme for an art journal page!

Supplies:
VLVS! Images Used--

Dictionary Page Item 19015 Plate 890

Wind-up Bunny Item 19218 Plate 953

Sakura of America Gellyroll- Stardust: Rose-star, Purple-star, Golden-star, Lime-star/Standard: White

Dyan Reaveley Creative Art Journal
Dylusions Ink Sprays-Cut Grass, London Blue, Pure Sunshine, Lemon Zest, Postbox Red, Dirty Martini
Montana Marker Standard tip-Shock Yellow Lt, Shock Blue
E6000 Glue
Amazing Casting Resin Spills
Amazing Clear Cast Resin 
Acrylic paint-flesh tones, green, red, blue
Permanent Marker
Alumilite Dyes-Flo Red, Blue, Flo Yellow, Flo Green
UnWow Studio Mask-Light Bulb
Paper Doily
Paper Towels
Water Mister

Several months ago, I made up some backgrounds in my Dyan Reavely Art Journal using Dylusions Sprays.  For this particular spread, I sprayed Dylusions ink spray in several colors, then used the reductive method of lifting some color by placing a paper doily down, spraying liberally with water and soaking up the moisture with paper towels.  When you lift up the doily, the color is lighter where the water was soaked up.

I used the Light Bulb mask to place a light bulb on each side and colored them with the Sakura Gellyroll pens.  Then I used the Montana Markers to glaze the page, allowing the color behind to show, while unifying some of the rougher places where color had leaked through from other pages.

I stamped the Wind-up bunny images and colored their heads with white gellyroll pen.


A while back I posted about a resin spill from one of my Amazing Mold Putty design team projects. The spill was painted with Acrylic Paint, defined with permanent marker, and stamped with the Dictionary Page stamp.  She looked to me like a woman leaping, and she seemed perfect for this page 

I glued her down with E6000 glue.  


Now I needed something else with weight on the other side!  I took a 1x2 inch piece of Eco artboard and wrapped rubber bands around it.  I made a mold with Amazing Mold Putty and then made 5 different castings using a different color each time.  They made me think of oriental character and I think they provided a good balance down the page.



To finish, I used a permanent marker to write my saying.


For more of my work with Viva Las VegaStamps!, Amazing Mold Putty, zentangle-inspired art, and daily links to tangles, tutorials, and giveaways please visit my "Life Imitates Doodles" blog.   ~ Sandra Strait

Helpful Links: VLVS! Store for all your stamping needs; the  VLVS! Blog for new projects; VLVS! on  FaceBook,  PinterestInstagram. and Twitter.  Be sure to check out the Challenges posted each month.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgoeus spread, so colourful, love it.

Anonymous said...

gorgoeus spread, so colourful, love it.

Amy Lynne said...

A color carnival!! i love it!!