Friday, September 13, 2013

It's FRIDAY the 13th! {September Guest Designer}

Welcome to the first post from our September Guest Designer.. CHRISSY COLON!


Chrissy says:
Hi! My name is Chrissy and I am thrilled to be guest designing with Viva Las VegaStamps! for the month of September. Since Halloween is just around the corner, I'd figure I'd get the party started with this neat little haunted house shrine.


VLVS's 'Crackle' background stamp was perfect for adding that aged, cracked look to the house facade. See what I did there? I love puns! Even my dancing little skellies are super excited for my awesome house!

Now, I'll be perfectly honest. When I grabbed the Halloween plate from the store, I never thought I would actually use the skeletal turtle. I liked the stamp, but never thought I'd use it. As my muses would have it, it was the perfect stamp for the niche! Just stack a couple skull beads and that's all you need.


I used a bunch of techniques from stamping to heat embossing and had good fun doing so. Thanks for checking out my neato little house and I look forward to bringing you another project later!

Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is FABULOUS! So colorful and fun, as well as spooky at the same time. You rocked this, Chrissy! :D

Sandra Strait said...

Spooktacular! I'd visit this Haunted house anytime!

by belle said...

Great details! Those dancing skellies are awesome!

Tarnished Rose said...

Love it Chrissy!

Marilyn

Leah's Crafty Life said...

wooot.. it looks absolutely amazing, Chrissy!! Love it!!

Maggi said...

wow, that's awesome!!!

Unknown said...

You did a awesome job on your projects. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

fantastic little halloweenie! the stamp plate is really gorgeous; I like especially the dancing little skeletons *gg*. Please tell me: where did you get the cute little windows?
best wishes serafeena