Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A little inspiration from me...

Hello everyone,

For my DT post today, I have made a pocket letter. I see lots of people making these and thought to have a look what all the fuss is about !! lol

Anyway, here it is, complete with a tutorial of how I made it ! Enjoy....

This is the finished product ...




It is based on this mood board with the following words:

femininity, women, exploration, rainbow, neutral and nature, storm, maps, vintage, writing, script, yellows, tans, black and white, stripes, bold, rainbows, storms and more!



I hope I did it justice... 

Here is the process:



I started with a piece of white card stock measuring 10,5 x 7,5 inches. This is 9 ATC's. 


I used distress ink (scattered straw) and a blending tool to colour the paper.. 


I also used Walnut Stain to age the edges... 



Like so... 



Next I used a stencil with Walnut stain Distress Ink and a blending tool and also with water in a spray bottle so you get darker than the page and lighter than the page... 


Next I stamped the background using Archival Inks. I did use more than one stamp for this. A list of all the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post with links to the shop... 



This is how it looks after stamping....





Here's a close up... 




Next, I cut the now finished background into 9 ATC's.. 




and started looking for stamps to use, remembering the words from the mood board. 



Work in process, I just stamped the images, some on white card stock some straight on the background. I coloured the ones I stamped on white card stock, cut them out and adhered them to the cards. 


And here is the finished project again... 
I quite like how it came out..  I slipped all the cards into an ATC page and put some washi tape at the edge where the holes are. I did re-punch the holes... 

I also took pictures of the separate ATC's: 











I hope you like my project and got some inspiration to play along with us... and NO you don't have to use that many stamps or make 9 ATC's.... Just take some of the words and colours and make something ! 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I really hope you will play along with us this month !


2 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

This is great

Paulien said...

Geweldig Corrie!